Search This Blog

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Kithra's Krystal Kave: My Thoughts on Maggie Thatcher

Kithra, who lives in the UK,  (and it's good to see you back with a post kithra!) shares her thoughts on Margaret Thatcher:

My Thoughts on Maggie Thatcher

Well, as everyone else seems to be jumping on the bandwagon, and others have asked me, I thought I’d add my thoughts on the passing of Margaret Thatcher. I’m afraid they aren’t kind and, for those of you who didn’t have to live under her premiership, or are not old enough to remember her, you will probably never fully understand what those times were like.

I’m not mourning her. In fact I wrote elsewhere that when I first heard the news of her death, at the same time that it was announced on TV, my very first thought was “Ding Dong, the Wicked Witch is Dead.” I felt guilty for thinking that as I’m not a callous person. My next thought, of course, was that I felt sympathy for her family. On that day the Wizard of Oz song hadn’t started to be used by the campaign now afoot to get it to the top of the charts, although after reading some Twitter posts, and at other places, I see that, naturally, I wasn’t the only person to have that thought. That song is now causing a huge stir, with many radio stations having to make decisions on whether to play it on their chart show or not. The BBC, of course, is doing a fudge, explaining why it’s become a news item, and then only playing about five seconds of it.

I very much disliked the woman, right from the moment that she was elected. And on that day she quoted from the famous Prayer of St Francis of Assisi, the contents of which were the very opposite of what she did.
The rest at Kithra's Krystal Kave.

1 comment:

Kithra said...

Thank you, Regan. I’m only sort of back as I’m still not doing articles. But I will post on my blog whenever I feel that I have something I want to say. Hence, my “Thatcher” post.