Search This Blog

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Paranormal Elements in Jane Eyre

I received a Kindle for Christmas and have been enjoying it very much. I downloaded several books in the public domain; including one of my favorite novels, Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre. I've read Jane Eyre at a number of times in my life, and still find the novel a wonderful read. But for the first while reading the book I noticed several passages referencing paranormal elements. Fairies, the "green" people, black dog, Jane's feelings of a preternatural nature. So I wondered if there was anything written about this and Googled "paranormal elements in Jane Eyre" and this is the first thing that came up on the Burnt Toast Film blog; a post from 2009: (I don't think the blog is active.): Paranormal Elements in Jane Eyre and the Realm of the Feminine.

No comments: