Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Anne Rice: "In the name of Christ. . . "

Richelle posted this news item on her FB page; I don't know if richelle plans to comment . . . I've long been an Anne Rice fan, and was not surprised, but a little bothered, when she went full tilt Christian. Now she's announced she's leaving Chrisitianity:
In the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control," the author wrote Wednesday on her Facebook page. "In the name of ... Christ, I quit Christianity and being Christian. Amen."

Yet she is still a Chrisitan,she hasn't left Christianity. Rice has left the Catholic Church, and doesn't align herself with a specific denomination:
Although no longer part of any denomination, she remains a believer and continues to read theology and post Biblical passages on her Facebook page. She has no immediate plans to write about her leaving the church and will continue with her metaphysical fiction series, "Songs of the Seraphim."
I'm confused, a bit, but I'm not a Christian. 

1 comment:

richelle said...

I'm a bit confused too, but it's probably a mistake to look at it rationally, because it's irrational in nature. But my confusion is that she states outright she's not a Christian, but the article says she's still a believer because she reads theology and quotes biblical passages. That doesn't make her a believer--it just means she reads theology and quotes scripture.