Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Richelle Hawks on "What the Bleep Do We Know?"

Richelle gives her opinions on the movie What the Bleep Do We Know? in Thoughts On That Bleeping Movie. She didn't like it -- but, do not mistake that for her not "getting it" or even not "liking" the message. In many ways, I agree, in some, I simply didn't notice the things she points out. It'll be interesting to watch the film again with that in mind. Overall, I liked the movie, mostly because of the message, but I agree with Richelle, that it was simplistic. Although, that's not the only reason Hawks didn't like the film; in other words, it's too simplistic to say she merely thinks it's simplistic. Heh. Read her views on her Medusa's Ladder column for Binnall of America.

Richelle also has something to say about the "urban legend" of the natives not seeing Columbus's ships. . . something that needs to be said a lot more often.

1 comment:

richelle said...

Thanka for the promo,regan. So far, I have only received one email telling me the virtues of the movie's message and making people all self aware and whatnot. If only that would have actually been the movie.